Skip to content | Friday, 21-Jan-2022 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

South Derbyshire Homefinder

Who can apply

Anyone who is over 16 years of age and has been accepted onto the South Derbyshire Homefinder Register is able to use the service.  The quickest way to do this is to apply using our online application form.

The application form enables you to apply for a Council or Housing Association rented home, a low cost home ownership home or both.  If you do not fill in the application form properly it will be returned to you.

We will write to you to request some proof.  This can include but is not limited to:

  • Proof of identity for all household members - such as a passport, drivers license, National Insurance number or birth certificates
  • Proof of benefits - such as child benefit, income support, job seekers allowance or disability living allowance
  • Proof of your current address - such as recent gas or electricity bill
  • Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen
    (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)

We assess your application based on the answers you give to us and any other information we ask of you or get from the South Derbyshire Homefinder Landlords or other agencies.  When we have finished assessing your application we will write to you to tell you that your application is 'active'.  We will also tell you which 'band' of housing need you have been given.  Click prioritising your application for more details on our banding scheme.

Who cannot apply to go on the South Derbyshire Homefinder Register?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register.

If you, or any member of your household, has behaved in an unacceptable way we will allow you to go on the South Derbyshire Homefinder Register but may not offer you a property.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the South Derbyshire Homefinder Register. However, we will offer you advice on other housing options.  These are:

  • people from outside of the United Kingdom who are subject to immigration control under the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996
  • people from outside of the United Kingdom who fail the habitual residence test
  • people from outside the United Kingdom who are in breach of, or whose residence does not comply with, the European Rights of Residence Directive and statutory instruments.

If you require more information click here to contact us.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy